The Philodendron scandens 'Brazil' or Sweetheart Plant is an exotic house plant with heart-shaped, dark green leaves and lime green stripes. Great in low light conditions, it is considered extremely easy to grow. Transform your space into a jungle overnight!
The Sweetheart Plant is a vining Philodendron and can grow to astonishing lengths, either supported as a climber or left trailing from a hanging basket or shelf. A row of trailing Philodendron scandens makes a fantastic living green curtain. Mature plants may produce spathes of green-white flowers.
Growing pot size: 12cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 12-15cm
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children
Key Benefits of the Sweetheart 'Brazil' Plant
Better air quality
Philodendron Brasil is excellent at filtering airborne toxins such as trichloroethylene and benzene from the atmosphere. Its leaves’ surfaces also trap dust keeping it away from your furniture and lungs. Beautiful and healthy!
Plant Care Tips: Sweetheart Plant 'Brazil'
- This tropical South American thrives in medium light but it’s also tolerant to bright light and some shade. It’s best to avoid direct sunlight as this may scorch the plant. Keep away from radiators and draughts.
- Make sure the soil is always moist, letting the top dry out between waterings. Be careful to not overwater. Mist it occasionally for extra humidity.
- Wipe the leaves with a clean cloth from time to time to remove excess dust.
- Brazilians are known for their love of warm weather! This one is no different! Between 16 and 24ºC is ideal!
- If you see any brown leaves or stems, cut them back.
- Feed it once every couple of months during the growing season.
The Sweetheart Plant 'Brazil' Story
Sometimes also called Heart Leaf Philodendron or Variegated Sweetheart Plant.
Where is it from?
This Philodendron is native to Mexico, Brazil and the West Indies.
Who is the Sweetheart Plant 'Brazil'
You can see why this climbing plant receives its name, it would happily camouflage itself in the middle of its country’s football-loving fans with its vibrant lime green and yellow colours!
Good For You!
Relaxing: Looking after plants helps reduce symptoms of stress and anxiety. The easy to care for Sweetheart Plant ‘Brazil’ is a great way to start your mindfulness journey!
Productivity: Researchers have proven that we perform attention-based tasks better when surrounded by nature. Bring it indoors to improve your productivity!
Is The Sweetheart Plant 'Brazil' The Right Plant For Me?
A colourful twist to a houseplant that has been a favourite for ages due to its ease of care, this Philodendron is tolerant of most kinds of neglect and a great option for those who want to bring a slice of nature to their indoors without too much maintenance.
Also a great gift for new homeowners or even for that special person in your life due to the romantic shape of its leaves.
How tall does it grow? A fast-growing climber, it can reach the ultimate height of 4m.
Fact: Once mature, I may produce spathes of green-white flowers, periodically.
Bring a little bit of the Brazilian vibrance to your indoors without leaving your home country!