The Philodendron Narrow Escape has beautifully long serrated leaves that unfurl to a deep green colour, from its yellow stems.
This popular house plant will add variety to your collection and help grow your indoor rainforest.
Growing pot size: 14cm
Overall plant height including growing pot: 35-45cm.
Toxicity: Keep away from nibbly pets and curious children, Use gloves or wash your hands thoroughly after handling the plant as it can be slightly skin and eye irritant.
Key Benefit of the Philodendron Narrow Escape
Better air quality!
- Its large textured leaves are covered with tiny pores that are great at absorbing toxins. These pores also take in carbon dioxide and through photosynthesis, the plant produces the fresh air we breathe!
- Big waxy leaves are also excellent dust trappers that are easily wiped away, keeping them away from your surfaces and lungs!
- Tropical plants like Philodendrons love humidity, they can transpire up to 95% of the moisture that they take in making them the perfect natural humidifier for your home!
Philodendron Narrow Escape Plant Care Tips
You can place your Philodendron Narrow Escape in a shady corner or a bright spot, it is not a fussy plant. Just be careful with direct sunlight, as it may scorch its leaves. The ideal temperatures are between 18°C and 24°C.
- Let roughly the top half of the soil dry before giving it a good soak, let it drain and be cautious to not overwater it.
- Mist it occasionally to give it the extra humidity Philodendrons love!
- During the growing season, feed it with a balanced organic fertiliser once a month.
- When the plant becomes pot bound or top-heavy, repot it into a container one size bigger with good drainage. Use an organic well-draining soil mix.
- Propagation is best with stem cuttings during the growing season. Cut about 3 inches below a leaf joint, put the cutting in a container filled with water and place it in a bright position away from direct sunlight. When the roots reach around 4 inches plant them in well-draining soil.
The Philodendron Narrow Escape Story
Other common names include Jungle Boogie, Shark’s Tooth Philodendron and Tiger Tooth due to the leaves’ jagged edges.
Where is it from?
Originally from South America.
Who is the Philodendron Narrow Escape?
Philodendrons are members of the Aum (Araceae) family and are normally found in rainforests, swamps, and along riverbanks where they can get the warm conditions and moist soil to thrive.
Good for you!
Feel calm: Caring for plants suppresses sympathetic nervous system activities helping you relax and calm down.
Feel alert: Some studies have shown that being around plants can improve memory, concentration and attention by 20 per cent!
Is The Philodendron Narrow Escape The Right Plant For Me?
If you like big leaves and you cannot lie...This Philodendron is the one for you! Easy to care for, forgiving and adaptable to different lighting conditions, it’s perfect for shady corners.
A great gift for new plant collectors!
How tall does it grow? In its natural environment it can reach up to 3 meters tall with 1.4 meters spread. Indoors, it will most likely reach around 1-2 metres.
An adaptable and easy to care plant that will add a tropical feel to any home! Get yours today!