A living green sculpture
The Cylindrical Snake Plant is structural, weighty and pleasingly cylindrical, this Snake Plant is pretty much a living sculpture with its long, thin and pointy cylindrical leaves that grow upwards!
They call me rough and tough for a reason, I'm a super low-maintenance, robust snake plant of stout green fronds.
The Sansevieria Cylindrica is slow growing but can live for years so keep it in a warm, well-lit space, keeping the water to a minimum and it could reach as high as 1m tall.
Key benefits of Cylindrical Snake Plant - Sansevieria Cylindrica
Dusting and Purifying
This is a great plant to keep in the bedroom, its waxy leaves attract dust, removing it from the air and keeping it away from your lungs.
While you are sleeping, it will absorb carbon dioxide and impurities from the air you breathe!
Cylindrical Snake Plant Plant Care Tips
- Sansevieria Cylindricas are best kept in bright indirect light but can survive in low light conditions.
- Only water the plant when the soil is dry, then let the water drain.
- The ideal temperatures for this plant are between 15 and 23ºC.
- During the growing season, to give it a little boost, you can apply a dose of weak fertiliser once a month.
- Toxicity: Mildly toxic if eaten. Keep away from children and animals.
The Cylindrical Snake Plant Story
Also known as African spear, Spear sansevieria and Elephant’s toothpick. They are best planted at the start of the growing season
Like the Lucky bamboo plants, the Cylindrical Snake Plants are considered great Feng Shui as they radiate energy when its owners need it the most!
Where is it from?
Tropical West African Region.
Who is the Cylindrical Snake Plant?
- Although not often, this plant can flower cream-white lightly fragrant blooms
- Another similarity to the Lucky Bamboo plants is that they can be braided!
Did you know?
The spikes of the Sansevieria cylindrica actually all grow individually and are not connected by their root system.
Good For You!
Colour: The bright green colour of its foliage triggers an evolutionary response that will help you feel vital and healthy.
How tall does it grow?
It could reach as high as 1m tall.
Is The Cylindrical Snake Plant The Right One For Me?
If you’re not the world’s most attentive plant owner, this could be one for you. Snake plants need to be watered very sparingly as they’re built to store water in their fronds. As such, the Snake Plant is a bonafide succulent.
A super easy to care for plant, great for inexperienced and experienced gardeners alike. Add the Cylindrical Snake Plant to your basket now!